This best loved of all English summer fruit plays a leading role in an imaginative 6 nighter which works best in June and July when the gardens I’ve chosen are at their peak for colour and fragrance. With the Lavender in full and fragrant bloom, visits to some stunning gardens and shopping time in London at the end, it’s a perfect conversation starter for a Girls Getaway or for a Grandmothers and Granddaughters tour for the early summer. Highlights include:
• Visits to privately owned gardens chosen because of their display of roses
• Instruction on how to correctly serve English Afternoon Tea.
• Lavender flavoured scones at Snowshill Lavender.
• Bargain hunting at Beckford Silk Mill.
• Master craftsman and women at work at Whichford Pottery.
• A dinner dominated by the clever use of strawberries
Cotswolds 3 nights : London 3 nights.