If you’re a Masterpiece Theatre fan, you’ll love this close encounter with some of the places used in creating ITV’s ‘Victoria’. Filmed exclusively in Yorkshire, England this 7-night tour not only turns much-loved fiction into memorable reality but it also offers unique and leisurely visits to some of England’s greatest treasure-filled stately homes and their award-winning gardens. You will also get to see some of the locations used in the filming of the Netflix movie, ‘The Crown’. Tour highlights include:
- A special guided walking tour of York that concludes with Choral Evensong in York Minster
- A Gaslight and Riots tour of the stunning, privately owned Castle Howard, the home of the Carlisle branch of the Howard family for more than 300 years stunning, immortalised for its association with the filming of Brideshead Revisited and more recently with ITV’s Victoria.
- Privately owned Newby Hall, famous for its award-winning gardens where you’ll be spell-bound one of the finest collections of dollshouses and miniatures in the world and Giles Brandreth’s Teddy Bear Collection
- A special tour of Beverly Minster, larger than one third of all English cathedral, regarded as a gothic masterpiece by many and used for the Westminster Abbey Royal Wedding scenes
- English Afternoon Tea at the privately owned Victorian Gothic Carlton Towers which doubled as Windsor Castle.
- An upstairs/downstairs tour of Harewood House, the magnificent Yorkshire home of the Queen’s cousin, the Earl of Harewood, set in a landscape designed by Capability Brown and where the opulent State Rooms will come to life through a display of costumes from the programme
- Be dazzled by the splendour of the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, the official residence of Her Majesty The Queen.
- A visit to Kensington Palace, Queen Victoria’s childhood home
- A cruise down the River Thames with On Location visits to the Old Naval College Greenwich and the stylish Art Deco Eltham Hall
©Image Mammoth Screen