This journey through the mists of time spans 5000 years with insights into prehistoric Britain, the myths and legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Roman Britain and Georgian England brought up to date with visits to two remarkable gardens. Highlights include:
- The great and ancient stone circle at Stonehenge.
- The former site of the first city of Salisbury at Old Sarum.
- The magnificence of Salisbury Cathedral.
- Glastonbury Abbey where King Arthur and Queen Guinevere were believed to have been buried.
- The Roman Baths in Bath, one of the finest historic sites in Europe.
- Bath, from Jane Austen’s point of view.
- The beautiful Abbey House Gardens where “The WOW factor is here in abundance”.
- The royal gardens at Highgrove, home to some of the most inspired and innovative gardens in the United Kingdom.
- Blenheim Palace, a masterpiece of Baroque architecture and arguably the best showcase for the genius of ‘Capability’ Brown.