From Southampton, this 3-night programme makes it first stop in the cathedral city of Winchester before following a fascinating coastal route through Portsmouth, Chichester and Arundel before reaching Brighton, the seaside capital of culture. It then turns north for a visit to the wonderful, award-winning garden at Borde Hill before reaching London. Highlights include:
- Winchester, England’s capital until the Norman Conquest and where 12 English kings are believed to be buried in its great Norman cathedral.
- 17th century Chawton where Jane Austen wrote or revised her six great novels.
- Visits to HMS Victory and the Mary Rose in Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard.
- Visits to Charles Dicken’s Birthplace and A ‘Study in Sherlock’ at the Portsmouth Museum.
- Chichester Cathedral, famous for its artistic treasures that span the centuries from Norman times to our own.
- The beautiful 4 acre Denmans Garden, created by the renowned garden designer and writer John Brookes MBE.
- 1000 years of history at Arundel Castle, commandingly set high on a hill. Don’t miss the fascinating Earl Collector’s Garden.
- The dazzlingly exotic Royal Pavilion with its Indian Moghul exterior and awe-inspiring interiors in the ‘Chinese Taste’.
- The tranquil outdoor garden rooms, fragrant Rose Garden and scenic Italian Garden at award winning Borde Hill.