You may have read that after more than 500 years of speculation, the remains of Richard III were discovered in Leicester in 2012 and they will be re-interred at Leicester Cathedral in March 2015. This tour tells the fascinating story of King Richard III and the downfall of the last Plantagenet King of England. Highlights include:
• A visit to the Bosworth Battlefield site where King Richard lost his life and crown to the new Tudor dynasty.
• A special walking tour of Leicester that includes the St Martin’s Centre, the new King Richard III Visitor Centre and his final resting place in Leicester Cathedral.
• The Richard III museum in the Viking city of York, choral evensong in the Minster and the city’s famous Ghost Walk.
• A viewing of the Middleham Jewell and a visit to Middleham Castle, King Richard’s childhood home
• Jaw dropping, living history at Warwick Castle.
• Visits to William Shakespeare’s birthplace and an optional evening at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre.