A cathedral, an Artists Village, at least 2 classic pubs, a traditional English Afternoon Tea, Jane Austen’s former home and a stroll through an 18th century landscape, all delivered at a gentle pace from a base in the city of Guildford on London Heathrow’s doorstep. Highlights include:
- Walking in the footsteps of kings, saints, writers and artists in Winchester Cathedral, the longest in Europe.
- 17th century Chawton where Jane Austen wrote or revised her six great novels.
- Experience the stillness, space and light within Guildford Cathedral.
- A tour of the Artists Village at the Watts Art Gallery.
- At least 4 hours at the inspirational Royal Horticultural Society’s flagship garden at Wisley, undoubtedly one of the finest in the world.
- A couple of meet the locals pub lunches and at least one English Afternoon Tea.