As you and probably most of your anglophile clients will have watched every single episode of Downton Abbey, use this itinerary to relive some of their favourite moments with this tour to Highclere Castle, the family home of the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon. To make the experience even more memorable, there are ‘On Location’ visits to some of the picture postcard Oxfordshire Cotswolds villages featured in the different episodes and a ‘life below stairs ’visit to the kitchens beneath Petworth House. Highlights include:
- The imposing, French chateau-style Waddesdon Manor, used as the exterior of Haxby House.
- Swinbrook, the location for Lady Sybil’s elopement with the family chauffeur.
- Bampton aka Downton village where you’ll also find Crawley House
- Highclere Castle including the Drawing Room in which Maggie Smith delivered many a withering comment to some unfortunate relation!
- A ‘below stairs’ visit beneath Petworth House
- A drive-by ‘The Dower House’, the private residence of Lady Violet Crawley