To celebrate the 450th anniversary of the Bard’s Birth in 2014 and the 400th anniversary of his death in 2016, I’ve adapted the tour I’ve created with a gifted Shakespearian actor friend of mine to suit a BHX arrival and a London departure.
His acting experience, knowledge of the Bard and a great sense of humour will appeal to the Friends and Patrons theatres near you that stage Shakespearian productions. You can also offer it to the organisers of a Shakespeare Festival as a unique fund raiser.
• Backstage at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and a riveting evening performance.
• A Q and A session with a member of the Acting Company.
• A close encounter with a real Druid at the Rollright Stones.
• Broughton Castle, location for the filming of ‘Shakespeare in Love’
• A Tudor/Elizabethan tour of Oxford and a visit to the Painted Room.
• An exploration of Bankside, Shakespeare’s theatrical playground and the red light district of his time
• The Sam Wanamaker Playhouse and a performance at the Globe Theatre.