Featuring the great cathedral cities of St Albans, Peterborough, Ely and Bury St Edmunds and concluding with Southwark Cathedral in London this 6 night tour includes visits to John Bunyan’s birthplace, the university colleges in Cambridge, Her Majesty The Queen’s country home at Sandringham, American connections at Otley Hall and a fish ‘n’ chip supper in London’s Bankside. ‘Amazing Grace’ also makes an entrance on Day 2! Other highlights include:
- St Alban’s Cathedral, the oldest site of continuous worship in Britain and the burial place of Alban, Britain’s first saint
- A guided walking tour of Cambridge university colleges
- A special tour of Ely Cathedral and its fascinating Stained Glass Museum
- Otley Hall, once the home of Bartholomew Gosnold, founder of Jamestown, VA
- St Edmundsbury Cathedral, a place of worship and pilgrimage for around 1000 years
- Southwark Cathedral, an oasis of calm close to the historic Borough Market and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
Image copyright Luke Watson.