Back in the 18th century, England was changing and John Wesley, a dynamic preacher travelled thousands of miles, preaching and bringing new hope to many of the poor of the emerging industrial nation. His journeys took him to all corners of the UK and this tour visits many of the villages, towns, chapels and countryside familiar to the great evangelist including:
• Lincoln College and other important sites in Oxford.
• John Wesley’s New Room and Charles Wesley’s House in Bristol.
• Gloucester, the home to the great Methodist evangelist, George Whitfield.
• Bishop Asbury’s (tiny) cottage and some time with the good folk at a local Methodist Church
• A tour through Pilgrim Father’s Country.
• A full day in Epworth including Morning Worship a visit to John and Charles Wesley’s birthplace and locations associated with other members of the Wesley family.
• A walking tour of the Cambridge Colleges and a lesson in the art of punting.
• Visits to the John Wesley Chapel, Bunhill Fields and other notable Methodist sites in London.